According to the folks at Canon Watch and Nokishita, Canon is set to release an additional body in its full-frame mirrorless camera family. Called the EOS RP, it features a simplified design but still maintaining high-end features from the EOS-R line.
From the leaked photos, the camera seems to be slightly shorter than EOS-R with a reduced top hump. Also gone is the large LCD display on the top plate, along with the EOS-R Multifunction Touch Bar.Instead, we get buttons with a layout reminiscent of Canon’s mid-range DSLRs. The mode dial is back but important buttons and switches are carried over from the EOS-R.
The rumored specs list include:
- 26.2 Million Pixels Full Size Sensor
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- DIGIC 8
- 5 fps
- ISO sensitivity: 100 to 40000 (equivalent to extended ISO: 50, 51200, 102400)
- Organic EL EVF
- 3″ type touch panel variable angle liquid crystal
- Dual Sensing IS
- DLO in camera, RAW development in camera, C-RAW compatible
- Size: 132.5 x 85.0 x 70.0 mm
- Weight: Approximately 440 g (body only), about 485 g
- Kit lens: RF 24 – 105mm F/4L IS USM
Canon is expected to launch the camera in an event on February 14, which is just a few days away. No price nor availability is known at this point; we shall wait and see what is the pricing like during the launch event.